“****OFFICIAL WINNER OF THE HOLLYWOOD ENCORE PRODUCERS’ AWARD ****”
“****NOMINATED FOR BEST COMEDY ****”
“Breed of Bust” is a brilliant, brilliant show, beautifully written and performed, and Joyful is a phenomenal storyteller." ― Samantha Simmonds-Ronceros Soho Arts
“Joyful’s brutal honesty and entertaining humor makes this play one not to miss.” – Shari Barett, Broadway World
To breed or not to breed: that is the question Joyful Raven wrestles with in her new solo show. Blending standup and storytelling, Raven recounts her difficult reproductive “choices ” and contends with her primal baby making instincts. Should she surrender to the role of weird aunty OR should she start a GoFundMe to freeze her geriatric eggs? With her breeding window rapidly shrinking, she reflects on her abortions, the father of her abortions and the complexity of modern womanhood. Come for the laughs and stay for the sex education…in case you forgot how babies were made.
Fresh off a sold out world premier at the Playground Solo Performance Festival in San Francisco, Joyful Raven returns to Los Angelos from the Bay Area with this brand new show. Her last solo show “Tales of a Sexual Tomboy” was proud to be part of the Los Angeles Women’s Theatre Festival in 2017. “Sexual Tomboy” won best of the Fringe at the San Francisco Fringe Festival and was dubbed“…one of the funniest shows now on display on Bay Area stages” by the SF Chronicle. The show also received an Encore performance at the United Solo Festival off-Broadway.
NOTE: FOR MATURE AUDIENCES!
COVID SAFETY REQUIREMENTS!
- Show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result (within 48 hours for PCR, 24 for antigen – home tests are not allowed)
- Mask required (surgical or above recommended, please bring with you!)
WHAT AUDIENCES ARE SAYING ABOUT THE SHOW!
“Breed of Bust” is a brilliant, brilliant show, beautifully written and performed, and Joyful is a phenomenal storyteller. ― SAMANTHA SIMMONDS-RONCEROS
- “This piece was extraordinary! I laughed, I cried… I’ve never had the experience of sobbing and laughing simultaneously. That was real magic!” Laura Prives, KPFA
- Amazing!!! Hilarious, real, entertaining, thought-provoking – LOVED IT!!!- Caroline Werner, LogicGate
- “Raven is a wildly talented and truthful performer…using skillful impersonations and amazing physical comedy…” – Theater is Easy NYC
- “I love every part of this show. So vulnerable, real, authentic, and masterfully humorous” – Mina Matin
- “It was truly marvelous… funny throughout, and tempered with deep heart-wrenching moments that pull you in… It was the highlight of the festival so far for me. – Bob Doran, Lost Coast Journal
- “This show does what theatre is meant to do.” – Joani Rose, Actor and Writer