We are sure that you have all been watching the spread of COVID-19 (the disease caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus) in the United States through the news and social media.
We would like to assure our community that we do not have any plans to cancel the Hollywood Fringe Festival in June 2020. As a part of our commitment to the safety of our participants and community, we are closely monitoring the state and local governments reports and will follow their directives in regards to care.
We will be actively implementing preventative measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), such as:
- Having supplies on hand for event staff and participants including: sinks with soap, extra hand sanitizer, and tissues.
- Plans for staff absences at our events. We have encouraged our event staff to stay home when they are sick, or if a household member is exhibiting any symptoms.
- Limiting any in-person contact for staff supporting our events, by allowing you to write your own name tags and reducing contact in the space.
If you may have been exposed to COVID-19 through travel and/or large public gatherings (i.e. conferences or international events), or are feeling unwell, we encourage you to stay home, as we would with all participants recovering from a contagious illness at the Hollywood Fringe.
We are actively working to provide anyone who may need to stay home this month due to a compromised immune system or illness the same opportunities to prepare for #hff20. Some of these initiatives include:
- Continuing to film and post on FringeTV all educational events including our workshops & town halls
- Provide an online place for participants to communicate and network through our twitter chats
- Post additional blog posts this month with ideas that have come from our events that participants may not be able to attend due to health reasons.
If you are planning to participate in any of our events, we encourage you to follow the CDC’s everyday preventive actions:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
We understand that this is a dynamic situation with frequent updates. As always, we will continue to communicate directly with you through our emails and hope to continue providing high quality Fringe programming in the safest environment possible.
If you would like more information on COVID-19 information, please check the CDC website and as always, your personal physician is a valuable resource for specific medical questions you may have.
If you have any further questions, please email us directly at [email protected]