David is available to film your live shows year-round in the Los Angeles area.
See his work at:
LiveShowsFilmed.com – Live theatre filming and promo editing
DavidHaverty.com – Acting and Dancing
OddDogPictures.com – All production and post-production portfolio
Vimeo.com/EncoreDemos – Actor Demo Reel Editing
Check out his silly Dance Reel, which landed him on Jimmy Kimmel, a Meghan Trainor music video, and a Jack in the Box commercial. See it at DavidHaverty.com
He is a leading role opposite of Neal McDonough in a sci-fi feature film called MONSTERS OF MAN which was released amidst the covid-19 outbreak on December 8th 2020 to rave reviews. You can currently see the film on AMAZON PRIME.
He returned to the stage during Hollywood Fringe 2019 in ‘45 MILLIGRAMS’ (https://www.hollywoodfringe.org/projects/5966).
With the team that brought you the Award-winning production of ‘DEFINITION OF MAN’ (https://www.hollywoodfringe.org/projects/4439)
Reviews of his HFF19 work in ‘45 Milligrams’ that premiered at The Broadwater Black Box in 2019:
- “Welcome back David Haverty to the stage! I laughed at nearly all his lines and expressions.” – GORDON WIMPRESS
- “David Haverty is UNLEASHED and fantastic…from the moment you realize “it’s gonna be that show” it is and it never lets up.” – EDWARD GOODMAN
- “I always enjoy watching David Haverty perform – he’s consistently dynamic and charismatic in his work.” -DEANNE MILLAIS
- “David Haverty is a standout performer.” – ZACHARY BERNSTEIN
- “The physical and verbal comedy work between the two patients is extraordinary.” – JAMES FERRERO
- “David Haverty has the best-grounded crazy-eyes I have ever seen.” – VIVI THAI
- “David Haverty was menacing, yet somehow loveable in his almost childlike anger and frustration.” – JESSIE KNOWLES
- “Very strong fight choreography including human acrobatics that provides gorgeous composition…” – BENJAMIN SCHWARTZ
- “And the physical demands on the actors are awe-inspiring as they toss one another about – sometimes in Matrix fashion.” – JENNIFER CHUN
- “Quick, jam-packed and an experience to remember.” – ALEXANDRA FIALLOS
PREVIOUS LA THEATRE PERFORMANCE WORK:
David was NOMINATED for the 2013 SPIRIT OF THE FRINGE AWARD for BEST MALE PERFORMANCE for his work in RYAN IS LOST which he later reprised his role with Emmy Award winner Brittany Allen at the New York Fringe in 2014. Directed by Michael Nankin (Dir- Battlestar Galactica, Sarah Conner Chronicles, Hells on Wheels, and many others.) https://www.hollywoodfringe.org/projects/1280
Also during HFF19 he was the UNDERSTUDY in THE DEATH OF SAM MOBEAN with the Orgasmico Theatre Company. https://www.hollywoodfringe.org/projects/6083
As HAMLET SR in the Sacred Fools’ production of ‘SKULLDUGGERY: A musical prequel to Hamlet’.
- “Haverty goes from battle-ready to war-weary and his few moments of vulnerability add depth to a very traditional character.” – BroadwayWorld.com
As THE DUDE in Rockwell’s Table and Stage Production of the Unauthorized Musical Parody of the BIG LEBOWSKI. (other credits at Rockwell have been understudies for Romeo & Juliet: Love is a Battlefield, the workshop readings for Hipster Sweatshop and Emojiland (which went to Off-Broadway without him in 2020), and understudy for UMPO Home Alone.
- “David Haverty’s just so perfect as slacker bowler Dude, the film’s Jeff Bridges’ musical alter-ego. Haverty’s usually laid-back Dude gets his moment to command the stage with his soaring vocals in “Fly Like an Eagle.”-BroadwayWorld.com
As FRANK in the two-hander relaunch of RYAN IS LOST at the Sacred Fools Theatre Company, with Brittany Allen (Emmy Award Winner, All My Children, Defiance), Directed by Michael Nankin (Dir. Battlestar Galactica, Life Goes On, Monk…). Soon to be produced in NYC at the New York International Fringe Festival in August 2014. (BEST OF FRINGE Extension, WINNER of SPIRIT OF THE FRINGE for BEST WRITING & BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE, also Nominated for SPIRIT OF THE FRINGE BEST MALE PERFORMANCE & BEST PRODUCTION)
As a Principal Cast Member in Matty Simmons’ SKETCHES FROM THE NATIONAL LAMPOON at the Hayworth theatre with SNL cast member John Milhiser and Orgasmico’s Jesse Merlin.
- “versatile comic heavyweight David Haverty, who channels some of John Belushi’s earthiness…”
-Philip Brandes, LA Times
- “The performances are superb, especially the song ‘Maria Bartiromo’, performed by David Haverty,”
-Bob Leggett, Examiner
- “David Haverty consistently knocks it out of the park in every sketch in which he appears,…”
-Katie Buenneke, NeonTommy
As Bottom in Groovelily’s rock musical of A LITTLE MIDSUMMER NIGHTS DREAM.
As Kurt Billie in Orgasmico’s DOOMSDAY CABARET (BEST OF FRINGE & BEST MUSICAL).
- “Scene-stealing, rafter-raising David Haverty.”
-David C. Nichols, Backstage
- “David Haverty as arsonist Kurt Billie gave a truly standout performance with spot-on comedic timing and incredible vocals;”
-Tatum Regan, EDGE Boston (.com)
- “Highlights include (David Haverty’s) pyromaniac power ballad, ‘If You Love Me Light Your Car on Fire’”
-Kurt Gardner, BlogCritics.org
As Albert in the Gothic Rock Michael Teoli Musical CARNEVIL at the Sacred Fools Theatre Company.
Other favorite musical theatre credits (Outside LA in Reginal Theatre) include Urinetown (Bobby Strong), Thoroughly Modern Millie (Trevor Graydon), Disney’s Beauty & the Beast (Beast) and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (Pseudolus).
Thank you for taking the time to read my bio and learn more about my work as a performer and artist.