Meanwhile Back at the Super Lair has some good one-liners and some witty banter, but as whole it doesn’t have feet to stand on. This play relies on dated stereotypes – there are so many thrown into this show that some characters had to double-up – in lieu of actual character development.
- Beleaguered and harangued shrink? Check!
- Ironically named incompetent bad guys? Check!
- Hard-nosed government employee who is won over by the plucky leads? Check!
- Well-off racist white characters who are unaware they are racist and incapable of learning any better? Check!
- Token black guy to point out the racism so its “socially acceptable” to laugh? Check!
- Angry white guy who turns violent when he loses the girl? Check!
To read the rest of the review please visit – http://seeitorskipitla.tumblr.com/post/174700940932/skipitla-meanwhile-back-at-the-super-lair-has