WINNER! THE ENCORE PRODUCERS AWARD
WINNER! HOLLYWOOD FRINGE SCHOLARSHIP
ENCORE PRESENTATION – One Night Only!
Saturday, July 29th
4:00pm – 5:30pm
DURATION: 50 minutes + 30 minutes for Q & A
In “MexiStani!” Sofie Khan journeys through storybits about everything from Trader Joe’s tamales, to growing up in a Black and Puerto Rican neighborhood, to her Mexican-Pakistani identity triumphs among her Catholic and Muslim family members, TSA agents, gas station cashiers and White House personnel. Does she favor her Mexican side over her Pakistani side? Does she choose to be Catholic or Muslim? If Trump deports her, where does she go? And how does Hip Hop and the LGBT community play a role up in this mix? Expect things to get thought-provoking, emotional and hysterical!
“Sofie Khan is super talented, funny and warm!"
- Gina Yashere, Comedian & British Correspondent, The Daily Show
Concessions will be available for payments via donations (all forms of payment accepted)
ALL PERFORMANCES WILL START EXACTLY ON TIME.
- There is no parking lot. But street parking is available.
- Allow 15 min to find parking and walk to the theater and 10 minutes before the show to check in.
So if the show starts at 4:00pm. Arrive at 3:30pm.
- PRO-TIP: Enjoy some lunch before the show!
- Eateries by studio/stage theater
- If you’re planning to have lunch in the area, 2 hours before showtime is a good time to account for wait times, getting the check after your meal, walking/driving/Lyfting to the theater
- Need a LYFT? Use code STUDIOSTAGE to get $5 off your first ride!
After the show, please take a moment to post your review so that others can hear about your experience and I would be deeply grateful if you could help SPREAD THE LOVE on social media IG & Twitter: @heysofiekhan!
Last but not least, I am fundraising for the Naz & Matt Foundation (a non-profit organization tackling homophobia triggered by religion to help parents accept their children) and selling concessions for a pay-what-you-can donation (all forms of payment accepted).