We are overjoyed to share with you the preliminary numbers from the first ever hybrid Hollywood Fringe Festival.
- The festival sold over 13,900 individual tickets
- The festival sold an estimated $120,000 in tickets this year
- In its eleven year history, Hollywood Fringe has returned over $3.6 million to artists.
- 129 productions participated in this year’s event, mounting 724 performances at 18 spaces throughout central Hollywood, and some West Hollywood locations, not including the many spaces used around the world to livestream in from beyond the zone.
- Of the 724 performances, 381 were digital and 341 were performed for an in-person audience.
- 531 artists and producers participated in this year’s Hollywood Fringe.
Our annual report with a more detailed breakdown will be released in the coming months.
The safety of our community was always our top priority, from our initial announcement of a livestream only festival, to our hybrid pivot with heightened safety measures requiring masks and proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test. Our community’s caution and care for one another paid off, and we are happy to announce along with our festival numbers that there were no on-site festival-related COVID cases reported this year.
In a year of new challenges, our community rose to meet them with the kind of fervor that makes Fringe a driving force in the development and practice of performing arts. Congratulations to all our artists and Fringe On!