Hollywood Fringe Is Hiring!
Seasonal 4-week temporary position at the Hollywood Fringe
Audience Services Coordinators (2 positions available)
The Audience Services Coordinators will assist audience members in all their varying needs and help guide and train other staff to do so as well. During the festival, the Audience Services Coordinators will run the Fringe Audience Help Desk, our (virtual & in person) info desk, ticket booth and shop all in one, with the assistance of other Audience Services staff and Fringe volunteers.
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of (or interest in learning about) ADA compliance and accessibility in the performing arts
- Passion for creating inclusive spaces and the performing arts
- Commitment to equity and diversity
- Desire to work with others, as this a team effort festival
- Cash-handling experience a plus
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Slack, Excel, Square, and/or ZenDesk a plus
- Strong consideration given to bilingual applicants. English/Spanish ideal, but not required
- Is a plus if you have a car that you’d be willing to drive (gas reimbursement available)
Responsibilities (on site & from home) during festival (June)
- Staff our Fringe Audience Services Help Desk (in-person in Hollywood) Friday – Sunday 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm August 6-29, 2021
- Process ticketing and merchandise sales at Fringe Audience Services Help Desk
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Manage merchandise inventory
- Assist with festival events like Awards (August 29, 2021)
- Coordinate implementation of customer service goals & initiatives
What to Expect
- Paid training
- Approximately 15 hours/weekend on site, with the opportunity to add additional hours if asked (but not required)
- Collaborative work environment
- During the festival, there is a varying pace from slow afternoons to loud and busy nights
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your resume/CV to this google form and answer the three questions within the doc as accurately as you can. Applications are due on Monday, July 19, 2021 at 11:59pm
About the Fringe:
The Hollywood Fringe Festival is an annual, open-access, community-derived event celebrating freedom of expression and collaboration in the performing arts community. This year’s 11th annual festival offers livestream and in-person experiences. This hybrid approach is a pivot to embrace the new and continue to create an accessible and inclusive immersion into the performing arts for all.
Participation in the Hollywood Fringe is completely open and uncensored. This free-for-all approach underlines the festival’s mission to be a platform for artists without the barrier of a curative body. By opening the gates to anyone with a vision, the festival is able to exhibit the most diverse and cutting-edge points of view the world has to offer. Additionally, by creating an environment where artists must self-produce their work, the Fringe motivates its participants to cultivate a spirit of entrepreneurialism in the arts.
The Hollywood Fringe Festival is a non-profit company. The festival gives 100% of box office revenue back to participating artists and venues—that’s over 3.4 million dollars since the inaugural festival in 2010. Donations are essential for both day-to-day festival costs as well as the growth of festival programs and resources. To learn more about the Fringe, read on here!