Announcing the HFF21 Artist Fund!
We are thrilled to introduce our first-ever HFF Artist Fund: raised by the community, for the community.
We know that artists have been hit hard financially over the course of the pandemic and we want to help. To help offset costs of producing at the Fringe, this year we have replaced our annual festival fundraiser with a campaign that directly benefits you.
The raised funds will be given out in $725 stipends by lottery to artists who apply. The more money raised, the more productions will be funded. The only requirements are that the applicant is local to Los Angeles County and that they perform at an official HFF venue in the 2021 Hollywood Fringe Festival.
With this fundraiser, we believe we can create a pathway for more artists to participate—even with all the challenges we’re still facing from COVID-19. Offsetting the cost for our producers has been a key factor in our planning this year, including this campaign.
A truly important part of this fundraiser is how it weaves together our artists and our venue partners; a connection that is such an integral part of the tapestry of Fringe, and one we are honored to help strengthen and serve.
We hope you give to the campaign. We hope you get funded through the campaign. We hope you share this campaign with friends, family and more.
If we’ve learned anything from this year, it’s that our community doesn’t falter in the face of hardship. We stand together.
Won’t you join us?
Quick facts on this fundraiser, the first of its kind!
How to support:
- Head over to our donor webpage, here. $5-500, any amount gets us closer to our goal of $7,250 (or more! Every $725 raised after $7,250 will add on another stipend).
- Share, share, share—the way we’ll reach our goal is through our combined efforts. Every ask counts—thank you for being a part of that outreach.
Who is eligible for a stipend:
- Any producer local to Los Angeles County planning to work with an official HFF venue in 2021. Applicants do not have to be first-time producers.
- Applicants must participate from an official HFF venue (Registration Type 1).
How to apply:
- Applicants must apply via the Google form during the application period (to be announced via email & on social media May 25). Applicants do not have to be formally registered for the 2021 Fringe at the time of application.
- Applications will be chosen based on lottery selection.
What’s included in each award:
- $550 towards venue/production fees & $175 towards HFF registration.
- Our fundraising period ends on June 8th, 2021 at 11:59pm. Any funds collected before this date will be put towards artist stipends of $725 each.
- Applications will open during the fundraising period on May 25, 2021 and be accepted through June 8th, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- Award winners will be announced publicly by June 21, 2021.
The Hollywood Fringe Staff