HFF18 Community Events & Programming
by stacy jones hill ·
We are so excited to announce a slate of community events that will take place during the 9th Annual Hollywood Fringe Festival.
- Fringe Cabaret hosted at The Eastside Commons at Thymele Arts ( , 5, 10, 12, 19; varying times)
- Fringe Opening Night Party hosted at LGBT Center ( ; )
- Fringe Runway hosted at The Eastside Commons at Thymele Arts ( ; )
- Fringe Masquerade hosted at LA Lofts ( ; )
- Fringe Pride hosted at LGBT Center ( ; )
- Fringe Prom hosted at LA Lofts ( ; )
- Fringe Awards hosted at the Montalbán ( ; )
- Fringe Closing Night Party hosted at Three Clubs ( ; )
Full details about all these events can be found on their individual event pages. The festival proper will kick off with the Opening Night Party on LGBT Center, historically the festival’s biggest social event. Details about exclusive VIP tickets will be released in the coming days.at the
There will also be a number of services and opportunities available for festival attendees:
Fringe Social Hubs: A group of bars and restaurants deeply invested in Fringe to serve as a rallying point, a break room between shows, or a place to meet other Fringers and talk about all that you’ve seen. These spots all offer button discounts and Three Clubs will offer drinks sponsored by Fringe productions.
- BLACK, 6202 Santa Monica Blvd. (drinks, 21+)
- Eastside Commons @Thymele Arts, 5481 Santa Monica Blvd. (drinks and snacks, all ages)
- Eat This Cafe, 6547 Santa Monica Blvd. (food/drinks, all ages)
- Hunter & Charlie’s, 1050 Vine St. (food/drinks, all ages)
- Plunge at The Broadwater, 1078 Lillian Way (drinks, 21+)
- Three Clubs, 1123 Vine St. (drinks, 21+)
Fringe Hot Spot Program: Festival-wide community discounts are available for Fringe-goers with a Fringe Button from . The perks of a button include $1 off all show tickets, deals around town and access to Fringe-run events. The button can be purchased for $5 (or $3 for Festival participants) online at www.hollywoodfringe.org/
- Fringe Concierge: Festival staff will run a formal home base for the Fringe in a storefront adjacent to Three Clubs at 1123 N. Vine St. Unit 6. This place will be home for participant flyers/posters, HFF information, festival merchandise and snacks. Concierge will open at 5pm on weekdays and on weekends. It will close nightly at
- Street Teams: Uniformed HFF volunteers will take to the streets near fringe venues and hot spots fielding questions about the festival and helping patrons where needed. Interested in joining the effort? Volunteer!
- Participant/Venue-Hosted Parties: Fringe has created a new (free) registration type for fringe venues and participants to host their own social gatherings and promote them through the fringe website. To take advantage of this new promotion, create a project and register as your normally would. Select “Social Event” as your registration type. Note that you musty have a fully insured venue in the Fringe zone to participate in this program.
Many of you familiar with the festival will notice that there is no Fringe Central this year. Fringe Central has evolved over the years – from theater to storefront to tent to club. As the festival has grown, we’ve opted to partner with community bars and restaurants to provide a sense of place. We believe this evolution is reflective of the expanding social opportunities within the community.