As an additional promotion to Hollywood Fringe participants, we are partnering with the City of West Hollywood’s One City One Pride Festival.
One City One Pride will explore the locations of West Hollywood through the festival theme “Go West!” Whether associated with Horace Greeley’s famous quote from the 1800’s (“Go West, young man, and grow up with the country”), the Village People’s anthem of hope and unity, or the Pet Shop Boys later cover of the song, Go West conjures images of a movement toward a promised land. For many LGBTQ people, this included the idea of a West Coast utopia, a dream of gay liberation, and the freedom to live lives openly in the West Coast meccas of San Francisco, Los Angeles, and the emerging, influential young City of West Hollywood. Most recently, there has been a wave of artists and creatives moving here from New York. Over the years, people have moved West for many reasons, and for 2017 One City One Pride takes a look at what pride means to those who accepted the call to “Go West!” The festival will comprise performing arts, visual arts, arts interventions, and public art. For more information on One City One Pride, please visit www.weho.org/pride.
Any participant show with LGBTQ themes that books at least one performance in a West Hollywood venue is eligible for a complimentary HFF registration (valued at $250) courtesy of a grant received from the City of West Hollywood. They will also be included in the One City One Pride Festival. These scholarships will be made available through a lottery taking place in April 2017, announced by the City of West Hollywood and administered by the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Productions needn’t have additional performances booked within the official 2017 Fringe Zone but we recommend you do so for ultimate exposure at the Hollywood Fringe.
Some key notes:
- You may host your show in any West Hollywood Venue (not just the ones below). Contact [email protected] for more info on how to add a new venue.
- Your show must include themes centralized around the LGBTQ experience and your promotional materials must reflect this.
- You must fully register your show and pay your registration fee to be included in the lottery. Any paid fees will be refunded when selected.
- We still strongly suggest booking additional performances in the central Fringe Zone to enjoy the best geographical advantage during the fringe.
- Most WeHo venues will not be included in the official HFF map in the printed guide.
- Every show participating under this promotion will receive a listing in the guide and a dedicated page for ticket sales and promotion on the website.
- Your host venue in WeHo will need to book you through the Fringe site (just like any other HFF show). See here for more info on registering an HFF show.
- The lottery will occur in April 2017.
- All LGBTQ-themed shows with registered performances at a West Hollywood venue will automatically be entered into the lottery.
916 N.Formosa Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90046
1017 North Orange Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90038