2018 Hollywood Fringe Scholarship Program
Created in 2016, the Fringe Scholarships Program exists to expand and diversify the pool of artists producing work at the Hollywood Fringe Festival. The inaugural program offered free registrations to five Hollywood Fringe productions, and the 2017 Fringe Scholarships program expanded thanks to a grant from the National Endowment of the Arts.
We will award 10 scholarships for Festival 2018, each of which includes:
- Free registration for one Hollywood Fringe production
- A $550 stipend towards venue and production costs*
- A Fringe mentor—an experienced Hollywood Fringe participant who can help guide the participant through the Fringe process, attend events with the participant and more!
Fringe Scholarships are available to first-time Hollywood Fringe producers who self-identify as contributing to the ethnic, cultural, racial, age, mentally or physically disabled, sexual orientation, or gender identity diversity of the Fringe community.
A total of 10 Fringe Scholarships will be awarded after review by our scholarship committee, consisting of a jury of previous Fringe participants, scholarship winners and members of select outside organizations.
The committee will review applications and make selections considering the following:
- Does the applicant meet the scholarship criteria?
- How will the scholarship award benefit this producer/production?
- Does this producer/production bring noteworthy and/or underrepresented thematic or visual content to the Hollywood Fringe Festival?
- Who is the target audience(s) for this production, and will this expand the current Hollywood Fringe audience?
Applications will also be considered as a set, with the goal of awarding the most qualified group possible.
Applications are due November 27, 2017 at 11:59 pm. Fringe scholarships will be awarded in early January.
Broadwater Second Stage "Well written...beautifully played...powerful and riveting" Ron Bloomberg,writer (All In the Family) Special Event Option June 9 show/lunch at Hunter and Charlie's~ benefit for LA FoodBank- use discount code
Want Valley Theatregoers at your show? NoHoArtsDistrict.com (1 million visitors yearly) - #1 source for theatre in the Valley now offering exclusively to Fringe productions Review, frontpage AD and social media to 26,000 followers for $165.