2019 Hollywood Fringe Scholarship Program
Created in 2016, the Fringe Scholarships Program exists to expand and diversify the pool of artists producing work at the Hollywood Fringe Festival. The inaugural program offered free registrations to five Hollywood Fringe productions, and has since expanded to include 10 scholarships with free registration and a stipend.
We will award 10 scholarships for Festival 2019, each of which includes:
- Free registration for one Hollywood Fringe production
- A $550 stipend towards venue and production costs*
- A Fringe mentor—an experienced Hollywood Fringe participant who can help guide the participant through the Fringe process, attend events with the participant and more!
Fringe Scholarships are available to first-time Hollywood Fringe producers who contribute to the ethnic, cultural, racial, mentally or physically disabled, sexual orientation, or gender identity diversity of the Fringe community.
A total of 10 Fringe Scholarships will be awarded after review by our scholarship committee, consisting of a jury of previous Fringe participants, scholarship winners and members of select outside organizations focused on social equity.
The committee will review applications and make selections considering the following:
- Does the applicant meet the scholarship criteria?
- How will the scholarship award benefit this producer/production?
- Does this producer/production bring unique artistic experience and/or underrepresented thematic or visual content to the Hollywood Fringe Festival?
Applications will also be considered as a set, with the goal of awarding the most qualified group possible.
Applications are due Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm. Fringe scholarships will be awarded in late January.
Advertising with the Hollywood Fringe Festival is an excellent way to promote your project, organization, brand, or cause. Buy an advertisement now on our website or printed guide.Advertising with the Hollywood Fringe Festival is an excellent way to promote your project, organization, brand, or cause. Buy an advertisement now on our website or printed guide.