David was NOMINATED for the 2013 SPIRIT OF THE FRINGE AWARD for BEST MALE PERFORMANCE for his performance in RYAN IS LOST
***AS Hamlet Sr in Sacred Fools production of SKULLDUGGERY: A musical prequel to Hamlet.
“Haverty goes from battle-ready to war-weary and his few moments of vulnerability add depth to a very traditional character.” – BroadwayWorld.com
- As THE DUDE in Rockwell’s Table and Stage Production of the Unauthorized Musical Parody of the BIG LEBOWSKI. (other credits at Rockwell have been understudies for Romeo & Juliet: Love is a Battlefield, the reading of Hipster Sweatshop, Emojiland and UMPO Home Alone.
“David Haverty’s just so perfect as slacker bowler Dude, the film’s Jeff Bridges’ musical alter-ego. Haverty’s usually laid-back Dude gets his moment to command the stage with his soaring vocals in “Fly Like an Eagle.”-BroadwayWorld.com
- As FRANK in the two-hander relaunch of RYAN IS LOST at the Sacred Fools Theatre Company, with Brittany Allen (Emmy Award Winner, All My Children, Defiance), Directed by Michael Nankin (Dir. Battlestar Galactica, Life Goes On, Monk…). Soon to be produced in NYC at the New York International Fringe Festival in August 2014. (BEST OF FRINGE Extension, WINNER of SPIRIT OF THE FRINGE for BEST WRITING & BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE, also Nominated for SPIRIT OF THE FRINGE BEST MALE PERFORMANCE & BEST PRODUCTION)
- As a Principal Cast Member in Matty Simmons’ SKETCHES FROM THE NATIONAL LAMPOON at the Hayworth theatre with SNL cast member John Milhiser and Orgasmico’s Jesse Merlin.
“versatile comic heavyweight David Haverty, who channels some of John Belushi’s earthiness…”
-Philip Brandes, LA Times
“the performances are superb, especially the song ‘Maria Bartiromo’, performed by David Haverty,”
-Bob Leggett, Examiner
“David Haverty consistently knocks it out of the park in every sketch in which he appears,…”
-Katie Buenneke, NeonTommy
- As Bottom in Groovelily’s rock musical of A LITTLE MIDSUMMER NIGHTS DREAM.
- As Kurt Billie in Orgasmico’s DOOMSDAY CABARET (BEST OF FRINGE & BEST MUSICAL).
“Scene-stealing, rafter-raising David Haverty.”
-David C. Nichols, Backstage
“David Haverty as arsonist Kurt Billie gave a truly standout performance with spot-on comedic timing and incredible vocals;”
-Tatum Regan, EDGE Boston (.com)
“Highlights include (David Haverty’s) pyromaniac power ballad, ‘If You Love Me Light Your Car on Fire’”
-Kurt Gardner, BlogCritics.org
- As Albert in the Gothic Rock Michael Teoli Musical CARNEVIL at the Sacred Fools Theatre Company.
Other favorite musical theatre credit include Urinetown (Bobby Strong), Thoroughly Modern Millie (Trevor Graydon), Disney’s Beauty & the Beast (Beast) and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (Pseudolus).
Producer, Owner and Artistic Director of http://www.ActionGroupLA.com and http://www.OddDogPictures.com
more info at http://www.DavidHaverty.com
Enjoy this "Highly Recommended" show you should "add to your Must-See list"! Plus you can get $5 Happy Hour Drinks throughout the show delivered to your seat!
Who knew that being afraid of tubas would be the most reasonable thing going on these days? Come see us. Share a heartfelt laugh. Let the storytelling push away our fears. Participants PYWC Volunteers are free.