Sponsoring a Fringe Award
One of the benefits of any Fringe (in addition to the potential for press, money, and exposure) is the opportunity to take away an award.
Most of the awards are independently sponsored by local organizations. Interested in sponsoring an award? Propose an Award.
Here are the terms and conditions for sponsoring an award:
The name of the award cannot include a superlative such as “best of”, “pick of” or “greatest” along with the term Fringe. Ideally, the word “fringe” is not included in the title at all. Awards should be branded for the sponsoring organization, not the Hollywood Fringe Festival.
- The sponsoring organization must be able to present both a physical award in the form of a plaque, statuette or the like and a digital award in the form of a image file.
- Failure to provide a physical award on the day of the Award Ceremony will mean you cannot announce your winner at the ceremony.
- You may present ONE award (if presenting to multiple awardees, they must all be called to the stage at the same time).
- All award information must be submitted online to the Fringe by May 1 of the festival year for consideration.
- You must notify us of your nominees by 12pm on Saturday, June 27th and of your winner by 6pm on Sunday, June 28th (email [email protected]).
Sponsors must supply:
- The Name of the Award
- A contact participants to whom participants might pose questions
- A description of the award
- Qualifications for potential shows to participate
- A methodology on how the winners are chosen
- The reward to the winners (does not need to be financial)
- The number of shows the sponsor commits to attend
A representative of the sponsoring organization must be present at the annual awards ceremony (on the last day of the festival) to present the award to the winner(s).
The sponsoring organization must be a legally incorporated organization (LLC, Corp, LLP, etc).
Participation in the Hollywood Fringe Sponsored Awards Program is wholly based on the approval of the Hollywood Fringe organization. No transfer of any funds between fringe and sponsor is required for participation.