Sardia Robinson (center) wins the BGBAs Innovative Women in Theatre Award for writing, directing, producing on FROM A YARDIE TO A YANKEE #hff14 // Photo: FringeTV
On the last day of the festival (June 25th this year) we host our Award Ceremony and Closing Night Party. We hand out two types of awards: the Community Awards (top shows by category and also the all-around “Top of the Fringe” award), which are determined by votes from Fringers; and Sponsored Awards, which are awarded by organizations outside of the Fringe. Check out last year’s award winners here. In order to sponsor an award, you must meet a number of requirements, including the following:
- Naming requirements (no fringe-specific superlatives)
- Requirement to provide a physical award to the winner at the Fringe Award Ceremony
- Details on eligibility and how the winner will be selected
- You may present ONE award (if presenting to multiple awardees, they must all be called to the stage at the same time).
- Presenting organization must be incorporated
And perhaps most importantly, Sponsored Award applications must be submitted by May 1st. Check out the full list of requirements and a link to the proposal form here.