We are excited to announce this year’s lineup of Sponsored Awardsto be presented at the Fringe Awards Ceremony at The Ricardo Montalbán Theater on the final day of the festival. Thanks to all the organizations partnering with us to present these special awards!
Sponsored Awards are presented by outside organizations to commend like-minded artists. You can see this year’s list here. Make sure you check each award’s submission requirements before contacting the award sponsor for consideration.
The other awards we hand out at the Award Ceremony are the Community Awards (lovingly known as “The Freaks”). These awards are given out to the best shows in each category (“Best in Ensemble Theatre”, “Best in Comedy”, etc.) as voted by the Fringe community. Additionally, “Freaks” are presented for top International show, best world premiere (the “Fringe First” award) and the highest award: an overall winner crowned “Top of the Fringe”. Fringe community members, including participants, who see shows & leave reviews on hollywoodfringe.org will receive ballots during the last days of the festival via email.
On the last day of the festival (June 24th) we host our Award Ceremony and Closing Night Party. We hand out two types of awards: the Community Awards (top shows by category and also the all-around “Top of the Fringe” award), which are determined by votes from Fringers; and Sponsored Awards, which are awarded by organizations outside of the Fringe. Check out last year’s award winners here.
In order to sponsor an award, you must meet a number of requirements, including the following:
- Naming requirements (no fringe-specific superlatives)
- Requirement to provide a physical award to the winner at the Fringe Award Ceremony
- Details on eligibility and how the winner will be selected
- You may present ONE award (if presenting to multiple awardees, they must all be called to the stage at the same time).
And perhaps most importantly, Sponsored Award applications must be submitted by May 1st. Get more information on the requirements and application process here.
The sponsored drinks program is back for its eighth year, allowing you to feature a drink crafted especially for you at the infamous Bryan’s Bar at Fringe Central. For $100, you provide the name, your base alcohol choice and other information about your show, business, etc and our bartenders will create a hand-crafted beverage to promote you, your business, and/or production! You will also receive an official #hff18 social media mention, a newsletter shout-out, and printed signage at the bar. All proceeds from sponsored drink sales go to the Fringe.
The deadline for sponsored drink submissions is May 20th. If interested, please complete this form.
We are so excited to announce the schedule for one of our favorite programs: Office Hours!
Join Hollywood Fringe staff and participants for weekly casual meet-ups at different bars around Hollywood. If you’re wondering what the fuss is all about, check out this FringeTV video.
Office Hours take place Wednesdays starting March 28th. We’ve included the times, locations and drink specials below. For updates, check the #drinkingaboutfringe hashtag on Twitter and Instagram (as well as #hff18, the official festival hashtag).
- March 28th, 7-10pm - St. Felix (1602 N. Cahuenga Blvd.) – happy hour drink & wine specials 7-10pm
- April 4th, 7-10pm - Lost Property (1704 Vine St.) – special happy hour drink menu 7-10pm
- April 11th, 7-10pm – Paloma (6327 Hollywood Blvd.) – happy hour specials 7-10pm
- April 18th, 7-10pm - Pig N’ Whistle (6714 Hollywood Blvd.) – happy hour specials 7-10pm
- April 25th, 7-10pm - The Well (6255 Sunset Blvd.) – back area reserved for Fringers, happy hour prices 7-10pm
- May 2nd, 7-11pm - BLACK (6202 Santa Monica Blvd.) – $1 off everything 7-11pm
- May 9th, 7-10pm – 33 Taps (6263 Hollywood Blvd.) – $5 beer specials & $6 Moscow Mules 7-10pm
- May 16th, 7-11pm - Three Clubs (1123 Vine St.) – happy hour prices 7-11pm
- May 23rd, 7-11pm - BLACK (6202 Santa Monica Blvd.) – $1 off everything 7-11pm
- May 30th, 7pm-Bar Close - Three Clubs (1123 Vine St.) – happy hour prices all night
Networking is an essential ingredient to your success at Fringe and we’re giving you a ton of opportunities to mix and mingle! Hope to see you #drinkingaboutfringe soon.
Get your tickets now! http://www.indiecade.com/2018admission/
Advertising with the Hollywood Fringe Festival is an excellent way to promote your project, organization, brand, or cause. Buy an advertisement now on our website or printed guide.Advertising with the Hollywood Fringe Festival is an excellent way to promote your project, organization, brand, or cause. Buy an advertisement now on our website or printed guide.