Showcase select costumes from your production at Fringe Runway, the Hollywood Fringe fashion show on Tuesday, June 12 at 8:30 pm. The night will be begin with a Fringe Cabaret pre-Runway show. Grab a drink at Bryan’s Bar starting at 7:00 pm and get ready to strut your stuff!
Any Hollywood Fringe Production may enter by filling out the Runway Submission form. The deadline to enter Fringe Runway is Thursday, June 7 before midnight (a.k.a. 11:59 pm). 30 productions will be chosen by completely random lottery to participate in the event. While we wish we could feature all applicants, we must cap the participation to two costumes per show.
If selected, you will have 20 seconds to walk the catwalk! Your song will be played from a Spotify playlist, so please submit something that you want to walk to the FIRST 20 seconds of. We are not able to accommodate alternate timing. Guest judges will review each look and award prizes to three favorites. We’ll see you on the runway!
Bryan’s Bar is back to serve thirsty Fringers at all upcoming HFF hosted events, and this year you can join in on the fun! Put your show poster or logo on bar related marketing materials: if we use it, you can brand it and see your fringe show in the hands of thousands of Fringers.
All bar related marketing materials welcomed. Including but not limited to:
- Beverage Napkins
- Plastic cups (12oz & 16oz)
All marketing materials must be approved in advance. Please email [email protected] before printing if you are interested in taking part in this boozy branding opportunity.
*Branded materials will be used for all drinks with the exception of Show Sponsored Drinks.
The Hollywood Fringe is thrilled to introduce a little more glitter and glam to your Opening Night Celebration with our first ever Opening Night VIP Party Pass, presented through a special partnership with TodayTix.
To help us kick off our 9th annual festival, we invite Hollywood Fringe participants, friends, and adventurous LA theater lovers to join us for the special VIP reception followed by a full night of celebration! For $15, VIPs can fully take advantage of the excitement that The Hollywood Fringe Festival’s Opening Night has to offer.
Treat yourself like the superstar you are, or, in lieu of flowers, gift a VIP pass as an extra special thank you.
Special perks include:
- Entry into the VIP Party at 5PM (general admission opens at 6:30)
- “Fast-pass” style entry (no waiting in line)
- A drink ticket good for any drink at the bar
- Special photo Op at the HFF Step & Repeat with our photographer at the VIP reception
- An official HFF button that can be used for discounts festival long
- Exclusive access to our VIP reception including special guest speakers, live performances and more!
TodayTix is an international ticketing platform on a mission to redefine the way people see theater. Through effortless access to the best shows, insightful guidance to the world of theater, and thoughtful service at each moment along the way, TodayTix enables people to discover the best that their city has to offer. Operating in the world’s most iconic theater markets, TodayTix secures the best discounted and full price tickets available for the hottest shows in Los Angeles, New York City, London’s West End, the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Philadelphia, Connecticut, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, Washington DC, Dallas, and Houston/Fort Worth. Since launching TodayTix in New York City in December 2013 by life-long friends and Broadway producers Merritt Baer and Brian Fenty, the company has quickly amassed partnerships with more than 800 theater institutions globally.
We are so excited to announce a slate of community events that will take place during the 9th Annual Hollywood Fringe Festival.
- Fringe Cabaret hosted at The Eastside Commons at Thymele Arts ( , 5, 10, 12, 19; varying times)
- Fringe Opening Night Party hosted at LGBT Center ( ; )
- Fringe Runway hosted at The Eastside Commons at Thymele Arts ( ; )
- Fringe Masquerade hosted at LA Lofts ( ; )
- Fringe Pride hosted at LGBT Center ( ; )
- Fringe Prom hosted at LA Lofts ( ; )
- Fringe Awards hosted at the Montalbán ( ; )
- Fringe Closing Night Party hosted at Three Clubs ( ; )
Full details about all these events can be found on their individual event pages. The festival proper will kick off with the Opening Night Party on LGBT Center, historically the festival’s biggest social event. Details about exclusive VIP tickets will be released in the coming days.at the
There will also be a number of services and opportunities available for festival attendees:
Fringe Social Hubs: A group of bars and restaurants deeply invested in Fringe to serve as a rallying point, a break room between shows, or a place to meet other Fringers and talk about all that you’ve seen. These spots all offer button discounts and Three Clubs will offer drinks sponsored by Fringe productions.
- BLACK, 6202 Santa Monica Blvd. (drinks, 21+)
- Eastside Commons @Thymele Arts, 5481 Santa Monica Blvd. (drinks and snacks, all ages)
- Eat This Cafe, 6547 Santa Monica Blvd. (food/drinks, all ages)
- Hunter & Charlie’s, 1050 Vine St. (food/drinks, all ages)
- Plunge at The Broadwater, 1078 Lillian Way (drinks, 21+)
- Three Clubs, 1123 Vine St. (drinks, 21+)
Fringe Hot Spot Program: Festival-wide community discounts are available for Fringe-goers with a Fringe Button from . The perks of a button include $1 off all show tickets, deals around town and access to Fringe-run events. The button can be purchased for $5 (or $3 for Festival participants) online at www.hollywoodfringe.org/
- Fringe Concierge: Festival staff will run a formal home base for the Fringe in a storefront adjacent to Three Clubs at 1123 N. Vine St. Unit 6. This place will be home for participant flyers/posters, HFF information, festival merchandise and snacks. Concierge will open at 5pm on weekdays and on weekends. It will close nightly at
- Street Teams: Uniformed HFF volunteers will take to the streets near fringe venues and hot spots fielding questions about the festival and helping patrons where needed. Interested in joining the effort? Volunteer!
- Participant/Venue-Hosted Parties: Fringe has created a new (free) registration type for fringe venues and participants to host their own social gatherings and promote them through the fringe website. To take advantage of this new promotion, create a project and register as your normally would. Select “Social Event” as your registration type. Note that you musty have a fully insured venue in the Fringe zone to participate in this program.
Many of you familiar with the festival will notice that there is no Fringe Central this year. Fringe Central has evolved over the years – from theater to storefront to tent to club. As the festival has grown, we’ve opted to partner with community bars and restaurants to provide a sense of place. We believe this evolution is reflective of the expanding social opportunities within the community.
UPDATE: Voting has been extended to 11:59PM on Monday, May 28th. The winner will be announced on May 29th!
Ever dreamt about re-doing your prom, but with a way better theme and adults instead of teenagers? It’s time for you to make that dream come to life! This year’s Fringe prom theme is going to be picked by YOU! Now through May 16 you can nominate anything off the top of your head to become a real live prom theme!
Hit us with your best: Under the Sea? Happily Ever After? Apocalypse Now? Bring it on!
Here’s the how to nominate your theme: Tweet @hollywoodfringe with these two hashtags #hff18 #hffprom
Get your friends to like your post! The themes with the most engagement (plus a staff favorite) will be compiled as a survey to be voted on starting May 18. Happy voting!
Once upon a time, the word "Witch" meant "wise woman." Did you know that Witches of old flew with the aid of broomsticks? Come learn how, and then fly with me!
Amy Bhaer heads home after yet another family suicide. Unable to cope with the guilt of a sister she barely knew, lost, Amy does not trust what she begins to see: her dead sister, Cassie.
A series of fables that are absurd, funny and poignant. Through storytelling, animation, and puppetry, performance artist Jean Minuchin takes the audience on a journey into today’s most pressing issues through the charm of puppetry.
Burglars of Hamm present this unknown masterpiece by Swedish master Lars Mattsun (1849-1912) — a mysterious journey into a world of art, sexuality and madness. “Consistently, smartly funny and delightfully original.”-NY Times
One starts with a question. Another ends in tears. The third is a crime. June 2, 2 pm; June 7, 9 pm; June 17, 12:30 pm; June 18, 7 pm; June 21, 5 pm; June 23, 4:30 pm. Stephanie Feury Studio Theatre, corner of Larchmont and Melrose