Check out some of our extended shows! read more
|about · blog · press|
Here’s a list of this year’s Award Winners— announced just moments ago at the 2015 Award Ceremony! Thank you all for coming and congratulations to the winners!
Fringe Freaks (Community-Voted Awards):
- Top of the Fringe: Shakespeare’s Last Night Out (Or What? You, Will?)
- Fringe First (World Premiere): Alien vs. Musical
- The International Award: Loves Labours Won
- Best in Ensemble Theatre: Cookie & The Monster
- Best in Solo Performance: Shakespeare’s Last Night Out (Or What? You, Will?)
- Best in Comedy: The Poe Show
- Best in Musicals & Operas: King of Kong: A Musical Parody
- Best in Dance & Physical Theatre: Four Clowns Presents The Halfwits’ Last Hurrah
- Best in Cabaret & Variety: Thenardier’s Inn- A Les Miserables Cabaret
- A Little New Music Award for Outstanding Songwriting: TIE: Alien vs. Musical & King of Kong
- Bitter Lemons Outrageous Award for Theater (BLOAT): La la la Strada
- DOMA Theatre Co. New Musical Award: Adam & Eve… and Steve
- Lumpy-Cramp© Fringe Spirit Freshman Award: TIE: Getting to Know You & Hippopotamoidea
- O Face Award for Orgasmic Achievement: Elizabeth Godley as Nimrod in Four Clowns Presets the Halfwits’ Last Hurrah (Most Orgasmic Performance); Lindsay Kerns & Mason Flink for Max & Elsa: No Music. No Children (Most Orgasmic Writing); The Knock Shop (Most Orgasmic Performance)
- The DUENDE Distinction: Emily and Elizabeth Hinkler for Acting in My Sister
- The Ezra Buzzington Spirit of the Fringe Award: FEMALE PERFORMANCE: Jessica Pohly – Jason & (Medea); MALE PERFORMANCE: Jim Hanna – The 7th Annual One-Man Show World Championships; WRITING: Gus Krieger – Breaking Bard; DIRECTING: Richard Embardo – Tiananmen Annie; PRODUCTION: Tiananmen Annie
- The Inkwell Playwright’s Promise Award: Mason Flink & Lindsay Kerns for “MAX & ELSA: NO MUSIC. NO CHILDREN.”
- The Octavio Carlin Award for Excellence in Costume Design: TIE: Four Clowns Presents The Halfwits’ Last Hurrah & Shakespeare(ish)
- The Oddbird Award for Premiere Musicals: Shakespeare’s Last Night Out (Or What? You, Will?)
- The Robot Teammate Woulda Coulda Shoulda Award: The Video Games
- The Unleashed Award: UNLEASHED PERFORMANCE: Darin Toonder (The 7th Annual One-Man Show World Championships); UNLEASHED PRODUCTION: 8:03
- Trailer Park Award (TPA): Hamlet-Mobile
- LA FPI’s 2015 “Most Wanted” List (Venues with 50% or more shows by women playwrights): Actors Company, Art of Acting Studio, Complex Theatres, Hollywood Dance Center, Hudson Theatres, i.O. West, Stephanie Feury Studio Theatre, The Barn, Theatre of NOTE, Underground Theatre
The Encore! Producer’s Awards:
- Theatre Asylum: Alien vs. Musical, Breaking Bard, Hard Sexy Serious Love Conversations, Jason & (Medea), King Dick, King of Kong: A Musical Parody, MAX & ELSA: NO MUSIC. NO CHILDREN, Mudd the Magnificent: Magic & Mayhem, My Sister, Nigerian Spam Scam Scam, Orson Welles & Scatman Crothers in “A HOLLYWOOD ENDING”, Sleeping Around, Snack, The Snail, STARF*CKING, SUICIDE NOTES: In Their Own Words, The 7th Annual One-Man Show World Championships, The Legend of Bobby Darin : An Unauthorized Autobiography, THE POE SHOW, Unemployed. Finally.
- The Bootleg Theatre: 8:30, Dead Dog’s Bone; House of Rabbits: Charivari in Voyeurville; Lady into Fox
- The Complex: Nell Gwynne: A Dramatick Essaye on Acting and Prostitution; No Traveler: A Comedy About Suicide; Love Labours Won; Daughter of an Alien; Catalyst; Smile, Baby; Fish Out of Whiskey; Might As Well Live; The Blonde and…; Zip Ties; Romeo and Juliet: An ASL Love Story; The Cellar; Thumb Wars; I Died…I Came Back…Whatever; Bright Swords; Why Water Falls
- The Hudson: Dating: Adults Embracing Failure
- The Lounge: Merely Players, Pocket Universe, The Last Known Recording of the Lovely Lenore Sisters, Stupid Songs!!, Fifty Shades of Shrew
- Three Clubs: Thenardier’s Inn- A Les Miserables Cabaret; The Knock Shop; Fugitive Songs; Shakespeare’s Last Night Out (Or What? You, Will?); The Load-In
- Actors Company: Assistants: The Musical; The Video Games; Taming of the Shrew – An Exploration of Gender Expression; Mirror, Mirror the Musical; Only the Moon Howls
The Hollywood Fringe button gets you discounts at over 20 local businesses during the month of June—let’s enjoy some of them together! A foolproof way to ruin your Fringe experience is to try and skip meals and breaks… so don’t do that! Make time to break bread with us.
The full list of Sponsored Awards to be given out at this year’s Award Ceremony is now available to view at www.hollywoodfringe.org/promote/awards. You can also view all the qualifications for the awards and details on how to go about being considered.
The Sponsored Awards are not to be confused with the Fringe Community Awards, which we lovingly call “The Freaks”. Check out a full list of last year’s award winners here.
Comping volunteers is a great way to give back to the Fringe community and get butts in the seats of your show. Please email our Volunteer Director, Stina, at [email protected] if you want to get on the list of shows providing comps or discounts to Fringe volunteers. Please include the name of your show, your discount code, and what the code provides (whether the code will provide a comp or a certain dollar amount off). This information will only be shared with Fringe volunteers.
To work with Sam, contact him at (805)813-0818
or at [email protected] Check out Sam’s work at www.samatkin.com.
Option #1 ($200): Time for Photographer to shoot at designated rehearsal or performance, online gallery for image delivery, rights released for all images for show promotion.
Option #2 ($100): Time for Photographer to shoot at designated rehearsal or performance, online gallery for viewing and purchasing images ($10/image), rights released for images purchased.
Adam Emperor Southard
Adam has participated in the Fringe in the past so he knows just what you need!
Adam will shoot your rehearsals or performances for $50 (30 mins. or less) or $75 (30 mins. or longer). He’ll release the rights to all the photos so you can use, print and save them however you like.
Contact Adam at [email protected]
Check out Annie’s photos at annielesser.virb.com/photography.
- 1 Hour Promo Photo Shoot w/ 8 touched up photos: $85 (Normally $125), add $50 for Studio Rental if you are not providing a space
- Live Performance Shoot (1 hour or less) w/ 8 touched up photos: $65 (Normally $90), add $20 for each additional 30 minutes
- 20 Minute Express Portraits (available only on select days in May) w/ 2 touched up photos: $30
Contact Annie at [email protected].
When a fiction writer has to write a true story, she faces her ambivalence about motherhood & the unexpected consequences that ensue when life makes the decision for her! A funny, thought-provoking look at making peace with irrevocable choices.
ArtinLA says - Without a doubt, SONGS OF THE FALL is truly a diamond in the rough—or in this case, in the Ruby (Theatre). Boquist’s book is charming...
"Irreverent, incisive, and wickedly funny, these songs are anything but stupid."-Michael Van Duzer, Showmag.com 6/27 at 4PM! GET STUPID!!
An irreverent Sketch Comedy Talk Show replete with visually defying interviews, Grammy worthy-ish singing, adult content, brief nudity and must see commercials. You will laugh and cringe at The Miranda King George Show starring Felice Heather Monteith.
Every relationship fails until one doesn't. The trick is finding out which one that is.